- Servings: 2
- Preparation time: 10 minutes.
- Frying time: 10 minutes.
- Cooking time: 10 minutes.
- Total time: 30 minutes.
Treat yourself with this fish-egg kofta curry paired with steam rice, an exotic and complete meal. As we know fish is good for everybody especially for older women’s bones and muscles health. Fish consumed as a food all around the world, it is an important source of protein and other nutrients and fish-egg is equally good if not less.
For making kofta:
- Fish egg: 150-200 gm
- Besan (chick pea flour): 3 tablespoon
- Onion: ¼ no. (Small)
- Fresh coriander leaf: 2 tablespoon (chopped)
- Garlic stem: 1 no. (Optional)
- Spring onion: 1 no. (Optional)
- Salt: ½ teaspoon (as per taste)
- Oil: for deep frying
For making wet masala:
- Mustard seed (yellow): 1 tablespoon
- Ajwain (carom seed): ½ teaspoon
- Red chili: 1-2 no.
- Salt: ½ teaspoon
- Garlic: 2-3 clove
- Onion: ¼ no. (Small)
- Tomato: 1 no. (Small)
For making gravy:
- Turmeric powder: ½ teaspoon
- Mustard seed: ½ teaspoon
- Red chili: 1 no.
- Dry grind mustard, Ajwain along with salt and red chili all together to make fine powder; add garlic, onion and tomato, make fine paste(add some water if needed), keep aside.
- Chop onion, spring onion, garlic-stem and coriander leaves to fine pieces; put into mixing bowl, add Besan, salt and fish-egg. Mix well. Kofta (Fritter) batter is ready to fry.
- Heat the oil in a wok/ kadhai; Pour a drop of batter into the oil. If batter comes up, it means right temperature of oil otherwise wait for a while and test again.
- After getting right temperature of oil, take little quantity of batter direct by hand or spoon; drop the batter into the oil, deep fry on medium flame, when they start to come up (after couple of minutes) slowly turn over. Fry till it becomes golden brown on all sides (about one minute). Fry remaining batter in the same way keep aside. Now fish kofta (fritters) is ready to serve. Serve with evening tea.
For making curry:
- In the same oil, add mustard seed and red chili, sputter for few second; Reduce heat at low flame, add wet masala, fry the masala on low flame until it becomes golden brown (about 4-5 minutes).
- Add turmeric powder and slowly add 200-300 ml water (as per gravy thickness), boil it for 1 minute.
- Add fried fish kofta; let it boils, put off the flame.
- Sprinkle chopped coriander leaf and serve.