- Servings: 2-3
- Preparation time: 5-6 minutes.
- Frying time: 15 minutes.
- Cooking time: 5-6 minutes.
- Total time: 27 minutes.
During my visit to California, United state; I had opportunity to taste Brussels Sprouts several times, veggie can served & prepared many ways…Do you know Brussels sprouts are named on “Brussel” (the capital of Belgium 🇧🇪). It was cultivated in Brussels and subsequently expanded to whole Europe & other countries of the world.
Brussels Sprouts is a wonderful veggie; I cooked few recipes there. one of them is “Brussels Sprouts Masala”, the Indian variation. My son and his friends were very happy and appreciated the Indian variation. The dish is as delicious as pretty in look.
It is cute little replica of cabbage.
Basically an immunity booster, super food that protect against Cancer of lung, stomach, kidney, bladder and prostate…it is also good for high B.P. high cholesterol, heart disease and diabetes… that’s why it is called Super food…
- Brussels sprouts: 300 gm
- Onion: 1 no. (Medium)
- Tomato: 2 no. (Medium)
- Garlic: 4-5 cloves
- Ginger: 1” piece
- Chilli powder: 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder: 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt: 1 teaspoon(as per taste)
- Garam masala powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin: 1/2 teaspoon
- Cashew nut: 10-12 no.
- Milk: half cup (100 ml)
- Oil: 2 tablespoon
- Butter: 50gm
- Rinse Brussels sprouts; dry with kitchen towel, trim off bottom of hard stem of each sprouts. Chop into half in length wise, keep aside.
- Chop onion, tomato, garlic 🧄and ginger into fine pieces, keep aside.
- Heat oil and 25 gm butter in a fry pan, add cumin, sputter for few seconds, add chopped onion; stir fry for couple of minutes on high flame or until translucent, add garlic and tomato.
- Continue to fry on medium low flame about 3-4 minutes or tomato reach near messy in appearance; add Brussels sprouts.
- Continue to cook for about 4-5 minutes; add coriander powder, chilli 🌶 powder, salt and turmeric powder, continue to fry for couple of minutes.
- Add cashew nut and one tablespoon of butter and half cup of milk; boil the gravy add half cup of water (as per your choice of gravy thickness), lower the flame (5-6 minutes) with lid on. Add Garam masala powder, put off the flame “Brussels Sprouts Masala” is ready to be served.Serve with “Chapatti“, “Dost Paratha“
Brussels Sprouts Masala by Nag Ratna Sahu is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.