- Servings: 4-6
- Soaking time: 1 hours(Minimum).
- Preparation time: 2-3 minutes.
- Cooking time: 15 minutes.
- Total time: 18 minutes.
Tomorrow on the occasion of Islamic festival Bakrid/Eid ul -ada I would like to share a dessert recipe.
Relish Creamy phirni with the rich taste and aroma of saffron, serve in earthen bowls, it is more appealing and delicious too. Its delicious taste and tempting aroma of cashew nut and saffron give you a dose of nutrition, energy and flavor too.
You cannot resist from licking your lips after tasting this cashew nut Phirni.
Bakrid/Eid ul -ada Mubarak!
- Rice: 20 gm (Basmati)
- Milk: 1 liter
- Sugar: 50 gm
- Green cardamom: 3-4 no.
- Almond: 10-12 no.
- Cashew nut: 10-12 no.
- Saffron: 1 pinch
- Khoa/Condensed milk: 200 gm (optional)
- Clean and wash rice. Soak the rice and cashew nut for minimum 1 hour, Keep aside.
- After an hour grind coarsely, make paste and keep aside.
- Slice almond, peel off and grind green cardamom, keep aside.
- Boil the milk till become half; add grounded paste into the milk. Stir it continuously.
- Continue to cook 8-10 minutes on low flame, Stir it, when rice is done and become soft, add sugar, green cardamom powder and saffron, and Stir it continuously.
- Add Khoa/condense milk and boil it, Stir it continuously, Put off the flame.
- Transfer this into small earthen pot/small bowl; decorate it with sliced dry fruit and saffron.
- Transfer it to serving bowl, allow it to cool to room temperature, transfer it to refrigerator.
- Keep in refrigerator for an hour or two, serve it chilled.