- Servings: 2-3
- Preparation time: 2 minutes.
- Serving time: 2 minutes.
- Total time: 4 minutes.
This is a cultural legacy in the form of an assembly of food that is served as a breakfast in Bihar in the month of ‘Uttarayan’ – Makar Sankranti (to embark the advent of the summer season).
This has been carried throughout ancient times on the occasion of Makar Sankranti. Especially in Mithila region of Bihar (birth place of Sita) this is the staple breakfast as it is super healthy breakfast, which foregoes the need for cooking.
The option of eating healthy has always been available to us which we tend to overlook. This recipe is by far a healthier and much more nutritious and extremely quick option than the processed food that we choose to eat to save time.
Experience this authentic local delicacy and the divine fusion of the richest flavour and warmth of culture with this Bihari Thali breakfast – “Chura Dahi Tilkut” (Beaten Rice, Yogurt with Pounded Sesame Sweet)”
If basmati poha is not available, you can use normal poha. It will create the same magic.
For many more such traditional and eclectic regional delicacies from Bihar, check out the “Bihar Delicacies “.
- Basmati chura/poha (beaten/flatten rice): 1 bowl
- Curd/yogurt: 2 bowl
- Milk: ½ cup
- Brown sugar/Jaggery: ½ cup (as per taste)
- Tilkut (sesame sweet): as per your choice
- Wash poha properly, twice. Soak with milk (About 50-100 ml).
- Cover it and leave it for about 10-12 minutes, keep aside.
- Loosen with fork/spoon, serve with curd, tilkut and grated jaggery/sugar.
- You can pair this recipe with Raw jackfruit subji or Fresh green pea sabji (side dish)