- Preparation time: 5 minutes.
- Frying time: 4-5 minutes.
- Cooking time: 10-15 minutes.
- Total time: 25 minutes.
Lapsi (Dalia Halwa) is a Rajasthani authentic recipe; considered an auspicious preparation made on the festive and ceremonial occasion to offer the family God.
I prepared this recipe first time at one of my family friend Son’s wedding function, family members and guests appreciated the recipe. They said best Lapsi ever they had!
Cook delicious Lapsi with jaggery…
- Dalia (Broken wheat): 100 gm.
- Jaggery: 100 gm.
- Ghee: 75-100 gm.
- Green cardamom: 5-6 no.
- Dry coconut: 20 gm.
- Raisin: 1 tablespoon
- Almond: 20-25 no.
- Water: 300 ml
- Discard the skin of cardamom, crush the seeds. Keep aside
- Slice the Almond and dry coconut. Keep aside.
- Boil jaggery along with ½ cup of water, and make jaggery syrup, strain. Keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottom pan and add Dalia; roast on medium flame till it gets golden brown in colour(about 2-3 minutes).
- Add sliced almond continue to fry for couple of minutes on medium low flame; add sliced coconut continue to fry for few seconds, add water let it cook on medium low flame until it is done(about 10-15 minutes) with cover on.
- Add jaggery syrup stir it, lower the flame continue to cook till the Halwa consistency come.
- Add cardamom powder; stir to mix well, add one tablespoon of ghee to finish off. Transfer it to serving bowl and Garnish with dry fruits or as per your choice.
- ‘Dalia Halwa (Lapsi)’ is ready to offer family Deity.