- Servings: 4
- Boiling time: 4 minutes.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes.
- Frying time: 10 minutes.
- Total time: 24 minutes.
Cluster beans have properties to reduce anxiety and tension and calm the person mentally.
‘Besani guwar phalli/Dry gawar phalli (without onion and garlic)’ goes perfect with roti.
- Guar phalli (Cluster beans) : 200 gm
- Mustard oil/cooking oil: 4 tablespoon
- Cumin seed: half teaspoon
- Besan: 2 tablespoon
- Salt: 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder: half teaspoon
- Chilli powder: 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder: 1 teaspoon
- Dry mango powder: half teaspoon (optional)
- Asafoetida powder: 1 pinch
- Garam masala powder: half teaspoon
- Boil the guwar phalli with one glass of water into cooker/microwave for 3-4 minutes, keep aside.
- Trim the both ends of the guwar phalli; remove Strings from each phalli shown as in photo.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan, when it starts to smoke, add asafoetida and cumin seed; sputter for few seconds, add Besan, keep stirring, until Besan becomes light brown.
- Add salt, turmeric, chilli, coriander, and mango powder and boiled phalli; cover it, lower the flame and cook for two to three minutes.
- Add Garam masala powder. Stir well.
- “Dry guwar phalli with Besan” are ready to be served with dal and roti.