- Servings: 2.
- Preparation time: 7 minutes.
- Rolling time: 2 minutes (each)
- Roasting time: 2 minutes (each).
- Total time: 11 minutes.
You can pack this paratha in the Tiffin boxes of your kids they will definitely love and enjoy it, It is also good way to include flex seed in everyone’s diet in your family, as you can serve it as sweet dish after meal, adding walnut and jeggery improves the nutritional benefits; the combination of walnut and flex seed create magic for supple and healthy skin, rebuilds the damaged tissue.
Flex seeds are rich in omega 3 fatty acid, anti cancers and cheaper to our pocket in comparison to others seeds as chia, which too contains omega3 fatty acid.
If you have pre-prepared stuffing in hand the cooking is very quick and easy.
- Aata (wheat flour): 1 cup
- Maida (all purpose flour): 2 tablespoon
- Ghee: 1 tablespoon (for moin that is put it into dough itself).
- Salt: one pinch (optional)
- Ghee: 100 gm (to be used during roasting paratha).
- Wheat flour: 50 gm. (for rolling the paratha)
- Flax seed/ linseed (Teesi): ½ cup
- Walnut: handful
- Sugar: 2 tablespoon (as per taste)
For making dough:
- Take a wide vessel; put Aata, Maida ghee and salt. Mix well by rubbing between palms.
- Add water in small quantity and knead them, if required, put some more water till the dough becomes soft (The dough can be made in food processor also). Cover and Keep aside, to be used after 10-20 minutes.
For making stuffing:
- Dry roast flex seed on medium flame( about couple of minutes). Let it cool for half an hour, after coming to room temperature, grind along with walnut and sugar, take out in a bowl; now stuffing is ready.
- Divide stuffing into 4-5 parts.
- Divide dough into 4-5 parts and make balls; roll the ball in 5-6 inch diameter circle.
- Spread ghee and place stuffing in the centre of the circle; Fold it and seal the edges by pleating.
- Fold the edges into the center and join properly; now press this ball slightly with the help of palm.
- Again roll this ball into the wheat flour; roll this ball with the help of rolling pin gently, till 6 inch dia.
- Now raw paratha is ready.
- Take a tawa (griddle), when it becomes hot; reduce the flame to medium flame; place the rolled raw paratha on this.
- Cook for few seconds till it changes the color; turn the side and cook it by pressing gently with spatula.
- By pressing it will puff up. Sometimes it will not. (But need not to worry taste will still be great)
- (It only shows that rolling is not proper).
- Apply some ghee and turn it; cook both sides by applying ghee as well as pressing it lightly.
- Serve directly to the plate or put in the children’s lunch box or use as sweets for anyone. Serve with any chutney or ketchup.