- Preparation time: 5-6 minutes.
- Cooking time: 7-8 minutes.
- Total time: 14 minutes.
An exciting hot pickle that goes best with all your eats, either hot favorite pakora (fritters) paratha, breakfast or meal… it’s a perfect blend of garlic, ginger & spices. It increases the deliciousness to western snacks too.
The taste is something that lingers on long after…
- Garlic(Peeled): 300 gm
- Salt: 20 gm
- Mustard seed: ½ teaspoon
- Turmeric powder: ½ teaspoon
- Asafoetida: 2 pinch
- Sesame oil/olive oil: 100 ml
- Chili powder: 3 tablespoon
- Coriander powder: ½ teaspoon
- Cumin powder: ½ teaspoon
- Green chili: 3-4 no.
- Ginger: 3-4” piece
- Curry leaves: 1 twig
- Vinegar: 3-4 tablespoon
- Jaggery: 1-2 teaspoon (as per taste)
- Steam them till color of garlic change to opaque, it takes about 4-5 minutes (I steamed this in rice cooker). Keep aside.
- Chop ginger and green chili. Keep aside.
- Take a wok. Put oil, when it starts to smoke, add mustard seed and asafoetida, sputter for few seconds, add chopped ginger, stir it and add green chili and curry leaves, fry them on medium heat for few seconds. Add all dry masala (chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder and steamed garlic) and salt.
- Stir fry till it get soft (about 3-5 minutes) with lid on. Open the lid add vinegar, put off the flame add Jaggery and mix well.
- Allow it to cool and transfer into glass jar.
- Enjoy the pickle with your meal.