- Servings: 4
- Preparation time: 3-4 minutes.
- Rolling paratha time: 1 minute(each)
- Roasting time: 2 minutes(each).
- Total time: 7 minutes.
Winter brings the perfect opportunities to curl up in quilt, knitting the woollen in the sun and listen your favorite music or clean and cut the green leafy vegetables.
Relish the rich taste of ajwain and Kalongi paratha, which is roasted with pure ghee. The aroma and taste of roasted paratha is awesome.
It is important to serve this paratha, with clapping. Clapping the paratha not only helps to separate layers, but also gives the nice texture & mouth watering flavour.
It is an ideal children lunch box item. It remains soft and full of flavour for hours. Children love it.
- Wheat flour (Atta): 2 cup
- Salt: 1 teaspoon
- Nigella sativa(Kalongi): ½ teaspoon
- Ajwain (carom seed): ½ teaspoon
- Ghee: 100 gm (to be used during roasting paratha)
- Take a wide vessel; put Atta, salt, ajwain and Kalongi, Mix well, add required quantity of water till the dough becomes soft(The dough can be made in food processor also), Cover and Keep aside, to be used after 10 minutes).
- Divide dough into 6-8 parts, make lemon size balls, and Roll the ball in 3-4” diameter circle. Apply ½ teaspoon of ghee, fold one half as shown in the photo, apply ghee and fold once more to make triangle, roll this triangle into wheat flour and further roll it evenly into triangle paratha, Now raw paratha is ready.
- Take a tawa (griddle), when it becomes hot; reduce the flame to medium flame, Place the rolled paratha on this. Cook for few seconds till it changes the colour, Turn the other side and cook it by pressing gently by spatula.
- By pressing it will puff up into layers, apply some ghee and turn it, Cook both sides by applying ghee as well as pressing it lightly. Take out the paratha from griddle, “clap” and serve.
How to clap:
- Clapping the paratha helps to separate the layers and give the nice texture.
- Put the paratha on the rolling stone, fold it fold one half as shown in the photo, fold once more and clap this folded paratha with your palm to all three sides as shown in the photo .
- Serve either hot or warm pairing with green chilies pickle and nimboo ka khatta Meetha achar, Garnish with homemade butter.
- Yummy “Kalongi ajwain(Nigella and Ajwain) ka paratha” is ready to serve.