- Servings: 4
- Preparation time: 10 minutes.
- Frying time: 8-10 minutes.
- Cooking time: 9-10 minutes.
- Total time: 30 minutes.
If you plan to dine out at night, have a low calorie lunch, and eat a light snack (palak raita, mix vegetable soup, salted lassi or nuts).you can prepare this ‘Lauki aaloo ki sabji (bottle gourd with potato)’.
And have it with 1-2 thin phulka (chapati) at noon. This is the trick to control your shape and size. Yes, balance is the key…
- Bottle gourd: 500 gm.
- Potato: 100 gm.
- Onion: 50 gm.
- Cumin: 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder: 1 teaspoon
- Chilli powder: 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder: 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder: ½ teaspoon
- Salt: 1 teaspoon (as per taste)
- Mustard oil/ cooking oil: 3 tablespoon
- Remove the Peel of bottle gourd, onion and potatoes, chop them, and keep aside.
- Take a fry pan. Heat oil, let it smoke, add cumin, sputter it for few seconds.
- Add chopped onion stir fry on high flame for couple of minutes or till translucent add chopped potatoes, stir fry for couple of minutes, add lauki, stir fry on medium flame for couple of minutes, it will become watery, now cook with lid on for 4-5 minutes or till half done.
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and salt.
- Stir and over it, cook on medium flame for 3-4 minutes or till it is done. (Put water if required).
- Put off the flame add Garam masala powder and transfer into serving bowl, decorate with coriander leaves.
- Lauki aaloo ki sabji (bottle gourd with potato) is ready to serve, Serve hot or warm with chapati or paratha.