- Servings: 4
- Preparation time: 12 minutes.
- Frying time: 10 minutes.
- Cooking time: 3 minutes.
- Total time: 25 minutes.
I prepare this dish for daily intake; it takes very less time to prepare. We love simple and home cooked food, which brings happiness. The aroma and taste of this ‘butter masala lauki paneer’ is awesome. Sure, you will love it.
Lauki is popular throughout the world for its health benefits, a vegetable with high water content and rich source of vitamin C, K and calcium also good to fight heat of summer. … As we know paneer is rich source of protein. The combination of lauki paneer dish is like ‘sone pe suhaga’.
- Lauki (bottle gourd): 300 gm
- Paneer (cottage cheese): 150 gm.
- Onion: 1 no.
- Tomato: 2 no.
- Green chilli: 2 no.
- Turmeric powder: ½ teaspoon
- Salt: 1 teaspoon
- Sugar: ½ teaspoon
- Butter: 2 tablespoon
- Whole Garam masala: (Clove: 2 no. Green cardamom: 1 no. Black pepper: 10-12 no. Cumin: ½ teaspoon Cinnamon: 2” stick)
- Whey (left over water of paneer): 1 cup
Note: if whey is not available you can use normal water.
- Remove the Peel of bottle gourd and chop them into square, microwave/boil them and keep aside.
- Chop onion, tomato and chilli roughly, microwave/boil and grind them to smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Take a non stick pan, put 1 tablespoon of butter; add whole Garam masala, sputter it for few seconds, add ground paste of onion, tomato and chilli, stir fry on medium flame for about 2-3 minutes or till liquid dries up and butter separates from sides, add remaining butter, salt, sugar and turmeric powder, stir fry for couple of minutes.
- Add boiled lauki and paneer stir fry on medium flame for couple of minutes, add whey (as per your requirement) put the lid on and cook on medium flame. Cook for 2- 3 minutes.
- Put off the flame, transfer into serving bowl and decorate with butter.
- Lauki (bottle gourd) paneer (cottage cheese) butter masala is ready to be served.
- Serve hot or warm with paratha/chapati.