- Servings: 2
- Preparation time: 10 minutes.
- Cooking time: 2-3 minutes.
- Total time: 13 minutes.
It is highly nutritious, rich in fiber; it is referred as satiating meal for all, especially for growing children. Omelet is an international dish; you can get it in any country, though taste may differ according to other ingredients and variation in method of preparation. It is mostly served as breakfast in India. In Japan too it is served as breakfast as well as side dish for lunch box (Bento box). In fact it is a staple food of Japanese home. Here I prepared this omelette with Mushroom, paneer, cheese and other vegetable, which makes it delightful and healthy breakfast. It can be used in lunch box also.
- Egg: 2 nos.
- Mushroom: 2 tablespoon (chopped)
- Paneer (cottage cheese): 20 gm.
- Corn: 1 tablespoon
- Peas: 1 tablespoon
- Onion: ½
- Green chilli: 1 no.
- Spring onion: 1 tablespoon (chopped).
- Cheese: 1 cube
- Salt: ½ teaspoon (as per taste)
- Milk: 2 tablespoon
- Ghee (Clarified butter)/olive oil: 2 tablespoon
Chop all vegetables and paneer into small cubes, grate cheese. Put into mixing bowl; add salt, milk and break eggs into the vegetable bowl. Whip briskly with spoon or fork, keep aside.
- Preheat griddle/nonstick fry pan on medium flame till smoke comes out; pour prepared mixer, tilt the pan to evenly spread the mixer.
- Turn the heat on low flame and cook (about 1-2 minutes) until bottom of the omelette set and get light brown in colour.
- Turn up side down with the help of spatula and cook (about 1 minute).
- Slip omelet out of pan into the serving plate. Serve it.
Mix vegetable omelet by Nag Ratna Sahu is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.