- Servings: 2
- Soaking time: 30 minutes.
- Preparation time: 6-7 minutes.
- Boiling time: 10-12 minutes.
- Blending time: 2 minutes.
- Re boiling time: 3-4 minutes.
- Total time: 25 minutes.
Eating the right type of food is the key for healthy, beautiful and youthful living and it ensures you for quality life too. To prepare ‘Palak tomato and chana dal soup’ is very quick and simple. It is delicious and healthy too. It is light on the stomach and rich in protein & vitamins.
Here I used micro wave to boil the ingredients and used dal which is soaked for ½ an hour. You may use pressure cooker then there is no need to soak the dal.
- Spinach: 200 gm
- Chana dal (split Bengal gram): 2 tablespoon
- Onion: 1 no. (Medium size)
- Tomato: 2-3 no. (Medium size)
- Ginger: 2” piece
- Water: 5 cup
- Butter: 50 gm.
- Salt: ½ teaspoon
- White rock salt: ½ teaspoon
- Black rock salt (Kala namak): 2 pinch
- Black pepper powder: ½ teaspoon
- Clean and chop spinach, onion, tomatoes and ginger into small pieces.
- Clean and wash chana dal, keep aside.
- Put all ingredients, except butter and kala namak in pressure cooker; Place cooker on maximum heat, bring it to full cooking pressure, reduce to lower heat and cook for 2-3 minutes. Allow cooker for cool.
- Here I used micro wave to boil the ingredients and used soaked dal (soaked for ½ an hour).
- After cooling, roughly grind it in mixer grinder for few seconds, Pass this through soup sieve. Discard the residue. Reheat soup; add kala namak and fresh ground black pepper. Serve with bread croutons.