- Servings: 5-6
- Preparation time: 3 minutes.
- Cooking time: 20 minutes.
- Total time: 23 minutes.
Our food today getting internationalised; I would like to revive India’s traditional culture of eating home cooked food, the “Paneer ka kheer” mostly prepared in Bengali houses, but now you can share this in your kitty party and your party will become special…
It can also be prepared on the occasion of Navratri or Durga pooja or any festival as a phalahari recipe.
Its taste is really-really extraordinary and can be prepared quickly if you have ready paneer in your hand.
- Paneer: 200 gm
- Milk: 1 liter
- Sugar: 50 gm
- Green cardamom powder: 1 teaspoon
- Pistachio: 12-15 no.
- Cashew nut: 12-15 no.
- Saffron: 1 pinch
- Crumble paneer and keep aside.
- Chop pistachio and cashew nut, Keep aside.
- Take a wide mouth heavy bottom pan; apply some ghee (clarified butter) at the base and inner wall of the pan, pour the milk into the pan and allow it to boil on high flame, keep stirring and scraping the sides of the vessels at regular interval after 10-12 minutes it reduces to half of volume, don’t forget to scrap and stir continuously.
- Add saffron and sugar; reduce the flame, when milk starts getting thick consistency (see photo), within couple of minutes add cashew nut.
- Add crumbled paneer and allow it to boil on high flame, keep stirring, when it will become thick, add cardamom powder, now put off the flame, and allow it to cool.
- Serve hot in serving bowl. Decorate with Pistachio. Keep it into refrigerator for an hour or two.
- Now, “Paneer (cottage cheese) ka kheer “is ready to serve.