- Servings: 2
- Preparation time: 2 minutes.
- Blending time: 2-3 minutes.
- Total time: 5 minutes.
The best season of fruits in Japan is winter when I had chance to see ‘persimmon’ on every fruit shop like Hanamasa, 7- eleven, family mart, Lawson, Pea-cock, aeon and many others. I was very excited and asked friends that what is big orange colour tomato like fruit as I never seen this in India before. I was very curious, how is the taste, how to eat, with or without skin. When I tasted the ‘persimmon’, really I found it wonderful, an amazing taste, much different than all popular fruits. Still the test is with me when I am writing this.
- Persimmon: 1 no.
- Green cardamom: 4-5 no.
- Sugar/honey: 1-2 tablespoon (as per your taste)
- Milk: 300-350 ml
- Ice cube: few
- Chop persimmon with skin, make cardamom powder. Keep aside.
- Take a grinding jar; put chopped persimmon along with 100 ml milk and sugar, grind it to medium speed till it become smooth.
- Add remaining milk, ice cubes and blend them on high speed, healthy persimmon milkshake is ready for everyone of the family.
- While serving in tumbler garnish with persimmon slices.
Persimmon milkshake by Nag Ratna Sahu is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.