- Servings: 1
- Preparation time: 7 minutes.
- Soaking time: 15 minutes
- Frying time: 11 minutes.
- Cooking time: 2-3 minutes.
- Poaching time: 5 minutes
- Total time: 26 minutes.
“Poha“makes the perfect breakfast, simple dish consists of beaten rice and vegetables but here is the variation; I used scrambled egg instead of vegetables and decorated with poached egg before serving.
A complete and balanced combination of protein and carbohydrates is ideal for everyone.
In this recipe egg are used in two ways; 1st to scramble into poha and 2nd to decorate with poached egg. In this way the dish is not only appealing but gives satisfaction too.
- Poha (beaten rice):100 gm
- Red Capsicum: 1 no.
- Spring onion: 50 gm
- Onion: 2 no. (Medium size)
- Green chilli: 1-2 no.
- Egg: 2 no.
- Coriander leaves: 50 gm
- Ground nut (Peanut): 50 gm
- Salt: 1 teaspoon
- Chilli powder: ½ teaspoon
- Turmeric powder: 1 teaspoon
- Mustard seed: ½ teaspoon
- Oil: 2 tablespoon
- Lime juice: 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper powder: 2 pinch
- Cut onion, red capsicum and spring onions into small pieces, keep aside.
- Slit green chilli and stuff with salt.
- Wash poha properly (at least twice). Soak with water (About 50 ml/5 table spoon).
- Cover it and leave it for about 10 -15 minutes; add half of salt, chilli powder and turmeric powder into the poha.
- Blend one egg, keep aside.
- Heat a fry pan with 1 teaspoon oil; stir fry groundnut on lower flame for 3-4 minutes. Stir continuously till brown colour appears. Keep aside.
- Fry green chilli for few seconds. Keep aside.
- Add rest oil in the pan; sputter mustard seed, add chopped onion. Fry on high flame for couple of minutes, add red capsicum and ¼ teaspoon of salt; stir fry on medium flame for couple of minutes.
- Add blended egg; stir fry for couple of minutes, add soaked poha with salt and turmeric powder. Stir it properly, cover and cook for 2 minutes on lower flame.
- Put off the flame, wait for couple of minutes; add chopped spring onion, lemon juice and fried peanuts, keep aside.
Preparing poached egg:
- Take a non stick greased fry pan; break the egg on it, add salt and black pepper, cook for couple of minutes on medium flame. Poached egg is ready.
- Decorate the prepared egg- poha with poached egg before serving. Serve hot.