- Preparation time: 2 minutes.
- Cooking time: 50-55 minutes.
- Total time: 57 minutes.
Ayurveda mentioned In Indian culture “Kheer” is typical dessert prepared at auspices occasions and festivals. According to food history during the chola dynasty it becomes the important part of religious rituals. In Jagannathpuri and many other temples it is served as traditional Prasadam.
Kheer has many variations, but the place of rice kheer is on top; personally in my opinion it is perfect dessert for anytime. It can be flavoured as per choice of individual with saffron, cardamom, Nutmeg, rosewater, kewada etc…
Choose your day, do finished up your meal with this chilled aromatic kheer… and let me know…
- Rice: 50 gm (basmati)
- Milk: 1 liter
- Sugar: 50 gm
- Green cardamom powder: 1 teaspoon
- Almond: 12-15 no. (Blanched, pilled and sliced)
- Cashew nut: 50 gm
- Dry grapes: 20-50 gm.
- Ghee: 1 teaspoon
- Condensed milk: 200 gm (optional)
- Clean and wash rice, keep aside .
- Boil the milk; put clean and washed rice into the milk. Stir it.
- Continue to cook 25-35 minutes on low flame. Stir it every 5 minutes.
- When rice is done and become soft; add sugar green cardamom powder, Almond, cashew nut and dry grapes (raisin).
- Add condense milk and boil it, add 1 teaspoon of ghee. Put off the flame.
- Serve hot or cold as per your choice; keep into refrigerator for 2-3 hours or more.
- Today is Friday; I prepared Rice kheer (rice pudding) for Prasad.
- This is a traditional Indian sweets/dessert.
- I really cook the dish with lots of love and passion.
- It took about an hour to cook.