- Servings: 3-4
- Preparation time: 10 minutes.
- Cooking time: 8-10 minutes.
- Total time: 20 minutes.
A smile appeared on my face when my husband agreed to go to Hanamasa (shop) to fetch spinach for the sandwich, because I prefer to eat sandwich in breakfast on weekend.
Mostly I prepared the fillings in advance so that if we wake up late or have plan to go to visit some place, it is easy for me to prepare the breakfast and move out early…
The ‘Spinach Corn Sandwich’ is ideal for serving, when you host a tea party or get together with your friends. The party gets even more attractive with this stunning green and yellow coloured sandwich which is pack of nutrients. It is excellent to counter afternoon hunger too…
- Spinach: 200 gm.
- Onion: ½ no. (Medium size)
- Ginger: 1” piece
- Garlic: 2 clove
- Salt: ½ teaspoon
- Sugar: 1 pinch(sugar keeps the bright green colour of spinach intact)
- Garam masala powder: ¼ teaspoon
- Red chilli powder: ½ teaspoon (optional)
- Sandwich bread: 4-6 slice
- Butter: 50 gm
- Boil / microwave the palak (spinach) with pinch of sugar for 3 minutes and make fine paste, keep aside.
- Boil /microwave corn, keep aside.
- Chop the onion, ginger and garlic into fine pieces, Keep aside.
- Take a non stick pan. Put 1 teaspoon butter in a pan, add chopped garlic; stir fry for few seconds, add onion and ginger. Fry for couple of minutes; add dry masala, salt and boiled corn along with spinach paste. Cook till consistency come, add a teaspoon butter and put off the flame.
- Corn Palak is ready to prepare the sandwich.
- Take 2 slices of bread, spread butter on both sides of breads; put stuffing and spread evenly. Cover the stuffing with another bread slice; now toast it in a toaster/griller. Toast till it become brown in colour. Transfer and serve with chutney and soup for breakfast.
- Colourful and healthy…