- Servings: 2
- Soaking time:20-30 minutes.
- Cooking time: 10-12 minutes.
- Total time: 12 minutes.
When we are in hurry and hungry, would like to go with traditional meal, it is possible with steamed rice.
Steamed rice is staple diet in India, especially in south India, Orissa, and west Bengal etc.
- Basmati rice: 1 cup
- Water: 2 cup
- Lemon juice: 1 teaspoon (optional)
- Clean and wash rice. Soak it into double quantity of water Keep aside for 15-20 minutes.
- Cook the rice in rice cooker or pressure cooker along with lemon juice. (You can directly cook on stove on lower flame till rice is done.)
- Steamed rice is ready to be served.