- Servings: 2-3
- Grilling time: 10-15 minutes.
- Mixing time: 2 minutes.
- Total time: 17 minutes.
You may serve as sweet dish/dessert or regular recipe for all age group…
It was balmy winter evening when I was passing the street back home from station in Tokyo; highly pleasing delectable flavour of baking aroma was coming from a stall. When reached near the stall, I found that sweet potatoes were being baked. Japanese love to eat the sweet potatoes in both ways; savoury and sweet. In Japan sweet potato is available almost whole year. Most of the Japanese sweet potatoes variety is sweeter than Indian counterpart.
I love to eat sweet potato and my husband like to eat the recipe that I am uploading today. The recipe “Sweet potato mash with honey and butter” is healthy and highly nutritious for toddlers/baby. They will certainly like the taste and smooth finish of this sweet potato recipe.
Very easy to prepare; just boil/microwave the sweet potato, peel out the skin, mash it and add some honey and dash of butter. In this recipe I grilled the sweet potatoes.
The benefits of honey, butter and sweet potatoes is good for vision and tonic for brain. Add little butter in the sweet potatoes to increase the absorption of beta carotene in the body.
- Sweet Potato (shakarkandi/satsumaimo): 2-3 no. (Small size)
- Honey: 2 tablespoon (as per taste)
- Butter: 1 teaspoon
- Ghee/oil: to moisturise outer layer
Wash and dry the sweet potato with kitchen towel, apply little quantity of ghee on the skin of it; Boil/microwave potato, keep aside. Here I used Japanese griller, which is very convenient, remove skin (outer layer) Keep aside.
- Take a mixing bowl put all ingredients into this bowl, mash all with the help of masher or hand.
- Mash properly more you mash better will be the taste as well easy to gulp for toddlers/baby.
- Sweet potato mash with honey and butter is ready.