- Servings: 2
- Marinating time: 10 minutes.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes.
- Frying time: 10 minutes.
- Garnishing time: 2 minutes.
- Total time: 32 minutes.
For those who want variety, here is the recipe “Tawa fry fish” with little variation of conventional cooking. Serve it piping hot with bulk of salad as starter and sake (Japanese drink) …
Marinate the fish with mixture of garlic paste and spices, fry on iron tawa adding sesame, the nutty and crunchy flavour of sesame creates awesome effect…
- Fish: 500 gm
- Garlic: 1 teaspoon (paste)
- Salt: 2 teaspoon
- Kashmiri chilli powder: 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder: ½ teaspoon
- Chat masala powder: ½ teaspoon
- Sesame seed: 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder: 1 teaspoon
- Mustard oil/cooking oil: 4 tablespoon
- Curd/ yogurt: 1 tablespoon
- Lemon slices: ½ no.
- Onion: 1 no.
- Green chilli: 1 no.
- Clean the fish with running water; coat fish with curd, Leave it for 5-7 minutes. Again wash fish drain out all the water.
- Prepare marinate with paste of garlic, salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder and Garam masala powder along with one teaspoon of oil; Rub the marinate all over the fish, Keep aside for minimum 10 minutes.
- Chop and make onion rings and green chilli Julian’s, keep aside.
- Heat oil on Tawa at high flame, when smoke starts, put sesame seed; sputter for few seconds, reduce to low flame, add fish and fry for about 2-3 minutes, spread sesame seed over the fish fillet. Change the side and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes (it depends on the thickness of the fillet).
- (Fry until golden brown colour appears, about 2-3 minutes each side).
- Remove fish from Tawa; spread onion rings on the tawa, cook on high flame just for a minute.
- Garnish fish with the onion rings, chat masala and lemon. Serve piping hot with salad.