- Servings: 4-5
- Preparation time: 10 minutes.
- Frying time: 12-15 minutes.
- Cooking time: 4-5 minutes.
- Total time: 44 minutes.
At least once in a week I use to cook either mix vegetable or mix vegetable stuffed capsicum; both are very healthy version and easy to cook. Make stuffing according to your taste or vegetable available in your refrigerator. Here I used carrot, potato, zucchini and peas. You can prepare this with or without onion and garlic. I still have taste lingering on my palate because capsicum is one of my favorite.
- Capsicum: 4-6 no.
- Potato: 1 no.
- Carrot: 1 no.
- Zucchini: ¼ pieces
- Ginger: 1” pieces
- Peas: 100 gm.
- Mustard oil /cooking oil: 2 tablespoon
- Coriander leaves: 2 tablespoon (chopped)
- Cumin: half teaspoon
- Chilli powder: ¼ teaspoon
- Garam masala powder: ¼ teaspoon
- Turmeric powder: ¼ teaspoon
- Salt: half teaspoon
- Slit capsicum and scoop out seeds from capsicum, keep aside.
- Chop onion, potato, carrot, zucchini and ginger into very small pieces. Keep aside.
To prepare stuffing:
- Take fry pan, put oil and heat, when it smokes add cumin; add ginger stir fry on low flame for few seconds add chopped potato continue to fry on medium flame for couple of minutes add carrot and zucchini .
- Stir fry for couple of minutes add peas, salt and dry masala; lower the flame and cover it. Wait till vegetables are done about 3 to 5 minutes (stir in between to avoid sticking into the bottom), Keep aside.
To prepare stuffed capsicum:
- Take capsicum and stuff fully with stuffing, arrange these into microwave bowl; add butter over the capsicum, microwave them for about 4-5 minutes. (You may use OTG tray/fry pan until it is done).
- Yummy ‘Vegetable Stuffed Capsicum (Bharwan Shimla Mirch)’ is ready, Serve hot.
Vegetable Stuffed Capsicum (Bharwan Shimla Mirch) by Nag Ratna Sahu is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.