- Servings: 3-4
- Preparation time: 10 minutes.
- Frying time: 10-11 minutes.
- Cooking time: 8-9 minutes.
- Total time: 30 minutes.
Are you ready for authentic Amritsari Vadi pulao? Let me show you how I made this in my kitchen in lockdown period and enjoyed with my family. My granddaughter who’s three years old also enjoyed…
Fry the vadi in ghee till light brown and golden colour appears, put into boiling water for about 4-5 minutes on low flame. After that, add into rice to pressure cook so that vadi will be softer and delicious too.
- Basmati rice: 250 gm
- Amritsari Vadi: 50-60 gm
- Onion: 80-100 gm
- Tomato: 2 no.
- Garlic: 3-4 clove
- Kasuri Methy: 1 tablespoon
- Green Chilli: 2-3 no.
- Chilli Powder: 1 teaspoon
- Coriander Powder: 1 teaspoon
- Garam Masala Powder: half teaspoon
- Makhan(Fox nut): 20-25 no.
- Bay leaf: 1 no.
- Cumin seed: half teaspoon.
- Salt: 1 teaspoon (as per taste)
- Water: 500 ml
- Whole Garam masala: (Clove: 3 no, Black pepper: 10-12 no, Star anise: 1 no, Mace: 2 inch piece, Black cardamom: 1 no., bay leaf: 1 no. and clove: 2-3 no.)
- Ginger: 1 inch piece (grated)
- Ghee(clarified Butter): 50-70 gram.
- Fry Vadi in ghee till light brown and golden colour appears, put into boiling water and keep boiling for about 4-5 minutes on low flame, keep aside.
- Clean and wash rice; soak rice for 20-30 minutes, Keep aside.
- Chop onion longitudinally. Keep aside.
- Grate ginger, keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a wok/cooker; add whole garam masala, allow it to sputter for few seconds.
- Add chopped onion and grated ginger; fry it on high flame for 2-3 minutes or till it gets light brown in colour, add chopped tomatoes, Makhane, kasuri methy, salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder. Stir fry on medium flame for couple of minute, add prepared Amritsar vadi/wadi; continue to fry for couple of minutes.
- Add soaked rice with water and garam masala powder. Place on high flame for 3-4 minutes, reduce to low flame, continue to cook for 4-5 minutes, put off the flame.
- After cooling, stir lightly the pulao with the help of fork.
- Serve pulao in rice plate and decorate with fried onion, mouth watering pulao is ready to be served with curd/raita and salad.
Amritsari Vadi Pulao by Nag Ratna Sahu is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.