- Servings: 2-3
- Preparing hung curd time: 6 hours.
- Preparation time: 4 minutes.
- Mixing time: 3 minutes.
- Chilling time: 3 hours.
- Total time: 7 minutes.
Due to Covid- 19 pandemic we stay at home and have lots of time to gossip these days, past memory flash during gossip and many stick; one of them was “Kesar elachi Srikhand”, I decide to prepare “Cherry Srikhand” because I had high quality cherry in my refrigerator.
It’s a typical hot summer these days in Tokyo; curd/yogurt is something which has great cooling power as well as it helps in digestion too; it refreshes our mind and soul. The combination of purple cherry and hung curd produces sharp and elegant colour contrast, by adding extra spoonful of cherry paste over Shrikhand makes it really colourful and appealing too.
Colours that catch the eye!
- Curd (yogurt): 400 gm.
- Sugar: 3 tablespoon (powder)
- Cherry: 12-15 no.
- Chop cherry, remove seeds and blend along with sugar; prepare coarsely paste. Keep aside.
- Take a strainer put muslin cloth on it; put the strainer on the mixing bowl, pour the curd on this strainer, and place this into the refrigerator minimum for 6 hours, so that all the liquid from curd gets drained. Now thick curd (hung curd) is ready. Keep aside.
- Take mixing bowl put hung curd into the bowl; Pour coarsely prepared paste, mix well (keep one spoon of paste to decorate Cherry Shrikhand).
- Chill this into refrigerator for 2-3 hours; decorate with cherry paste, now Cherry Shrikhand is ready to be served.
- Serve chilled; along with “Mung sprout paratha” or as a sweet dish in rowdy summer day.
- Note: curd/yogurt should not be sour.