- Servings: 4
- Preparation time: 10 minutes.
- Preparing stuffing time: 12 minutes.
- Rolling time: 1 minute (each)
- Cooking time: 3 minutes(each).
- Total time: 26 minutes.
During the vacations when children are at home, some adjustment in daily routine and food is bound to be there.
Here is the opportunity, serve “Paratha stuffed with Sprouted Mung (Green Gram)”, its special, the nutritious one; serve piping hot with “Cherry Shrikhand” as a gala breakfast. All family members including children will be happy with this fantastic combination…
- Aata (Multigrain flour): 1 cup
- Maida (refined flour): 3 tablespoon
- Ghee: 1 tablespoon (for moin that is put it into dough itself).
- Kalongi (Nigella seed): half teaspoon
- Carom seed(Ajwain): half teaspoon
- Salt: ½ teaspoon.
- Ghee: 50 gm. (for roasting paratha)
- Mung sprout (Green Gram Sprout): 1 ½ cup
- Onion: 1 no. (Medium size)
- Ginger: 2” pieces
- Coriander leaves: 50 gm
- Coriander seed: ½ teaspoon
- Cumin: ½ teaspoon
- Green chilli: 1 no.
- Salt: ½ teaspoon
- Garlic: 3-4 cloves.
- Chat masala powder: ½ teaspoon
- Cooking oil: 1 tablespoon
For making dough:
- Take a wide vessel; pour Aata, ghee, Kalongi, carom seed and salt; mix well, add water in small quantity and knead until the dough becomes soft, cover and Keep aside, to be used after 10-20 minutes.
- (The dough can be made in food processor also)
For making stuffing:
- Boil sprouted Mung along with ½ cup of water in pressure cooker, bring full cooking pressure, and keep aside (if water is more dry them on lower flame).
- Finely chop onion, ginger, green chilli and coriander leaves, keep aside.
- Heat oil in a fry pan; add cumin and coriander seed, sputter for few seconds; add chopped ginger and garlic, stir fry on medium flame for a minute.
- Add onion, stir fry for couple of minutes or until get translucent; add chopped green chilli and boiled sprouted Mung. Stir fry for couple of minutes.
- Add salt, chat masala and chopped coriander leaves, stir fry and mess it roughly for about 2-3 minutes, Keep aside, now stuffing is ready.
- Divide stuffing in four parts and dough into double (8 parts); make balls, roll one ball in 6” diameter circle, keep aside.
- Roll another Roti in the same size, spread ½ teaspoon ghee on it, place one part of stuffing in the centre of the circle, just leave the edges ½ “ from all sides.
- Wet the left out portion with wet-finger; place another Roti over it, press lightly from all sides to join both Roti together. Now raw paratha is ready.
- Take a tawa (griddle) and put on high flame, when it becomes hot; reduce the flame to medium.
- Place the rolled paratha, cook for 45 seconds to 1 minute or till it changes the colour, Turn the other side and cook it by pressing gently by spatula; by pressing it will puff up. Apply some ghee and turn it, cook both sides by applying ghee as well as pressing it lightly.
- Serve directly to the plate. Serve the paratha with green chutney and Cherry Shrikhand.
Paratha stuffed with Sprouted Mung (Green Gram) by Nag Ratna Sahu is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.