- Servings: 2
- Preparation time: 4-5 minutes.
- Frying time: 10-12 minutes.
- Total time: 17 minutes.
Hello my viewers…
Today I am going to upload a high protein recipe; that is very easy to prepare, easy to put into lunchbox. ‘Egg fried rice’ you may prepare it with left over rice but if you go with fresh cooked rice, it is necessary to cool completely to make the recipe.
Green peas and golden clumps of eggs in the recipe looks very appealing and mouth watering…study shows that eating protein rich food is good for overall health for all age group…
- Cooked rice: 2 cup
- Egg: 2 no.
- Ginger: 2” piece
- Onion: 1 no. (Medium size)
- Fresh Peas: 50 gm.
- Cumin: ½ teaspoon
- Coriander leaf: 20 gm
- Turmeric powder: ½ teaspoon
- Coriander powder: 1 teaspoon
- Green chilli: 1 no.
- Red chilli powder: ½ teaspoon (optional)
- Cooking oil/olive oil: 1 tablespoon
- Salt: 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper (crushed): ½ teaspoon
- Lemon: ½ (optional)
- Chop the onion, ginger, green chilli and coriander leaves, keep aside.
- Heat oil in a fry pan, adds cumin, and sputters for few seconds add chopped chilli, ginger and onion, fry on high flame for couple of minutes or till it gets translucent.
- Add peas, turmeric powder, coriander powder and chilli powder and stir properly, fry for couple of minutes, add cooked rice and salt, stir well and cook it for 3-4 minutes with lid on.
- Break eggs and add, stir for 3-4 minutes on medium flame. Put off the flame and add lemon juice and black pepper transfer in to serving bowl.
- Serve Egg fried rice immediately with salad or as it is.
Egg fried rice by Nag Ratna Sahu is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.