- Servings: 4
- Marinating time: 10-20 minutes.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes.
- Frying time: 14 minutes.
- Cooking time: 4-5 minutes.
- Total time: 29 minutes
Prawn takes very less time to cook; it is important to frying masala very well before adding the prawns.
Earlier my daughter- in-law did not like the prawns but when I prepared this recipe in dinner yesterday, not only she loved the recipe, she demanded for next time. I garnished with fresh greens of coriander and cashew nuts.
It is full of protein, extremely low in calories and the good point is that Prawn is a great source of vitamin B and help to build strong bone.
- Prawn: 500gm
- Onion: 2 no. (Small)
- Tomato: 1no. (Small)
- Lemon juice: 1 tablespoon
- Ginger paste: 1 teaspoon
- Garlic paste: half teaspoon
- Oil: 2 table spoon
- Cumin seed: half teaspoon
- Bay leaf: 2 no.
- Salt: 1teaspoon
- Turmeric powder: 1teaspoon
- Red chill powder: 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder: 1teaspoon
- Garam masala powder: one forth teaspoon
- Fresh coriander leaves: 2 table spoon (chopped)
- Water: half cup
- Clean and wash the prawn.
- First remove head and leg from the body.
- Then peel the shell from the prawn.
- Cut outer edge prawn’s back. You can see intestine of the dorsal part of the body (vein).
- Remove and discard the vein runs along right under the surface of back, with your finger or tip of knife
- Add lemon juice. Leave it for 5-7 minutes. Again wash the prawn drain out all the water.
- Marinate the prawn with salt and red chilli powder.
- Cut onion and tomatoes into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan till smoke is coming; add bay leaf, cumin seed, sputter for few seconds.
- Add chopped onion, stir fry on high flame (About 2-3 minutes) add ginger and garlic paste, continue to fry for a minute.
- Add all powder masala and tomato, fry for couple of minutes on medium flame or till oil separates from edges.
- Add marinated prawn, continue to cook for 4-6 minutes with lid on. Reduce by low flame, fry till liquid dries up.
- Add hot water. Close lid.
- Reduce flame to lower heat, cook for ~4-5 minutes or until gravy becomes thick and oil comes on top.
- Add Garam masala powder and chopped coriander leaves.
Serve with paratha or pulao.