Perfect starter for any party or get-together, goes very well with tea/ coffee; I love anything fried and it is my one of the favorite as it is crisp crust and soft inside. I often use to pair this with murmure (puffed rice) for my afternoon breakfast.
The recipe reminds me a Street food vendor (Chatwala) at my hometown and tingle my taste buds.
Delicious! You will love it…
- Masoor Dal (Red Lentil): 100 gm
- Rice flour: 1 tablespoon
- Salt: ½ teaspoon (as per your taste)
- Turmeric powder: ¼ teaspoon
- Ajwain (caraway): ¼ teaspoon
- Kuti Mirch( crushed chili): ½ teaspoon
- Onion: 1 no. (Small)
- Garlic: 3-4 cloves
- Green chili: 1 no.
- Mustard oil: for frying
- Soak dal for 1 -2 hours, grind them roughly, with help of small quantity of water if required.
- Chop green chili, garlic and onion, keep aside.
- Take a mixing bowl, put dal paste, rice flour, chopped green chili, garlic, onion, turmeric powder and salt, mix properly. Now batter is ready.
- Take heavy bottom wok/fry pan, put oil in the fry pan, and let oil to smoke; drop small size batter in it. (Either directly using your fingers or spoon), If batter comes up, it means right temperature of oil otherwise wait for a while and test again.
- After getting right temperature of oil; deep fry all fritters (size of your choice), till golden brown. Remove from oil, repeat this till all batter is finished.
- Kachari Masoor Dal (Red Lentil Fritters) is ready. Serve hot.