- Servings: 2
- Marinated time: 25 minutes.
- Preparation time: 7 minutes.
- Tikka roasting time: 10 minutes
- Frying time: 16 minutes.
- Cooking time: 11 minutes.
- Total time: 44 minutes.
Lunch or dinner it always right time for “Mugalai Chicken Tikka with Kali Mirch”, distinct flavor of Kali Mirch. Crunchy flavor of whole cashew nut and the onion, tomato & cashew nut paste further enhances the flavor of dish and create the rich texture of the gravy.
- Chicken (boneless): 250 gm
- Yogurt/Curd: 2 tablespoon
- Onion: 1 no. (medium)
- Tomato: 2 no. (Small)
- Ginger paste: 1 tablespoon
- Garlic paste: 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper powder: 1 teaspoon
- Chat masala powder: ½ teaspoon
- Salt: 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder: ½ teaspoon
- Cumin: ½ teaspoon
- Cashew nut: 15-20 no.
- Ghee: 3 tablespoon
- Oil: 1 tablespoon
- Clove: 2-3 no.
- Green cardamom: 1 no.
- Cinnamon: 1”stick
- Wash chicken in a bowl, marinate the chicken with yogurt, ½ teaspoon of salt, mustard oil and chat masala for 20-25 minutes. You can leave it for longer period also but then keep it in refrigerator.
- Cook it into the barbecue/grill or shallow fry with minimum oil.
- Prepare paste of 10 numbers of Cashew nut, tomato and half of the onion, keep aside.
- Slice the other half of onion, deep fry and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a fry pan or wok; put cardamom, cinnamon, cumin sputter for few second, add onion, stir fry on high flame for couple of minutes or gets light brown in color.
- Add cashew nut, stir fry on lower flame for a minute; add prepared paste, ginger and garlic paste, fry on low flame about 8 -10 minutes or till liquid dries up, add 300 ml of hot water and bring to boil, add chicken Tikka. Cook on low flame (6-8 minutes), add black pepper powder.
- “Mugalai Chicken Tikka with Kali Mirch” is ready to be served along with cumin rice and Naan.