- Servings: 4
- Preparation time: 5-6 minutes.
- Frying time: 8-10 minutes.
- Total time: 16 minutes.
It was 4’o clock rainy day afternoon when I wake up from afternoon nap …to get rid of sleepy feelings, sat in my balcony. The music of breeze wafted to my ears making me fresh, at that very moment the door bell rang, I welcomed our guest and prepared evening tea along with “Mushroom Fritters(Pakora)”.
This recipe is dedicated to all mushroom lovers; I am dead sure this recipe will be great for your family party/get together starter. It is really tasty, juicy inside and crispy outside.
Want to add more nutrition, serve with lettuce leaf and boiled corn along with your favourite sauce or chutney.
It is good source of vitamin “D” and most of us need vitamin D especially after keeping us inside during long corona period.
- Mushroom: 200 gm.
- Besan (gram flour): ½ cup
- Rice flour: 1 tablespoon
- Chilli 🌶 powder: 1/4 teaspoon.
- Coriander powder:1/2 teaspoon.
- Garam masala powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt: half teaspoon
- Ajwain (carom seeds): 1/4 teaspoon
- Meetha soda (Soda bi carb): 1 pinch
- Water: 1/2 cup.
- Mustard oil/ Cooking oil: for deep frying
- Chat masala: 2-3 pinch
- Chop the mushroom, keep aside.
- Take a bowl. Put besan, rice flour, ajwain, chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, salt and meetha soda, make a smooth batter with the help of water.
- Take kadhai (fry pan), heat oil to smoke. Pour a drop of batter into the oil. If batter comes up slowly, it means right temperature of oil otherwise wait for a while and test again.
- After getting right temperature of oil, dip chopped mushroom in the batter (Either direct by hand or spoon).
- Deep fry, when they start to come up slowly turn over.
- Fry till it becomes golden brown on both sides: remove the pakoda from oil, sprinkle chat masala over it.
- Serve hot with “Green Chutney” and tomato sauce.
Mushroom Fritters(Pakoda) by Nag Ratna Sahu is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.