- Servings: 3-4
- Marinating time: 10 minutes.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes.
- Frying time: 10 minutes.
- Garnishing time: 1 minutes.
- Total time: 32 minutes.
Fish Egg (Fish Roe) mostly available in monsoon; my husband brings at least once every year. From his point of view “it is extremely delicious and he enjoys as delicacies, eat as a starter.
Starter or Appetizer is small amount of food or drink that are enjoyed as a light or first course or before the main course of food.
” Pan Fried Fish Egg (Fish Roe) as Starter or Appetizer” is simple starter or home meal which I cooked last weekend, just to add splash of enjoyment for family. There were no reason no occasion. The recipe is loaded with omega 3 fatty acid and vitamin B12 and many more…which is essential for brain health and heart health…
In Bihar and West Bengal the recipe served as side dish with Dal- Chawal too… so yummy.
- Fish Egg: 200-250 gm
- Garlic: 1 teaspoon (paste)
- Salt: 1/2 teaspoon(as per taste)
- Kashmiri chilli powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder: ½ teaspoon
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Mustard oil/cooking oil: 4 tablespoon
- Cumin: 1 teaspoon.
- Curd/ yogurt: 1 tablespoon
- Lemon slices: 2-3no.
- Onion: 1 no. (Medium)
- Green chilli: 1 no.
- Corn flour: 1 tablespoon.
- Clean the fish egg with running water; coat with curd, Leave it for 5-7 minutes. Again wash and drain out all the water.
- Prepare marinate with paste of garlic, salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder and Garam masala powder along with one teaspoon of oil; Rub the marinate all over egg, Keep aside for minimum 10 minutes.
- Chop and make onion rings and green chilli Julian’s, keep aside.
- Sprinkle corn flour over marinated fish egg, heat oil in pan at high flame, when smoke starts, put cumin; sputter for few seconds, reduce to low flame, carefully place fish egg all over the pan, let it cook for about 3-4 minutes on medium low flame, gently flip over the other side & continue to cook for another 3-4 minutes (it depends on the thickness, fry until golden brown colour appears)
- Note: Take care while handling… as they tend to break.
- Remove from Pan; spread onion rings and green chilli on the pan, cook on high flame just for a minute.
- To serve; gently cut into thick slices with sharp knife, place the onion rings and chilli, serve the delicacy “Pan Fried Fish Egg (Fish Roe) as Starter or Appetizer” piping hot.