- Servings: 4
- Preparation time: 5 minutes.
- Frying time: 12 minutes.
- Cooking time: 10 minutes.
- Total time: 22 minutes.
Jack fruit comes in the categories of super food; can be eaten raw or ripen. It is commonly used in south and south Asian countries. It is national fruit of Bangladesh and Sri Lanka and the state fruit of Indian state of Kerala and Tamil Nadu. It is available worldwide, if not fresh then canned or frozen.
Raw jack fruit soup is one of the useful options to reduce your weight, super healthy soups, full of nutrients and a lot of dietary fiber; you will love this colourful and flavourful soup, the colour comes from the use of turmeric.
- Raw jack fruit: 100-150 gm. (peeled, chopped, boiled and mashed)
- Onion: 1 no. (Small size)
- Ginger: 2” piece
- Green chilli: 1 no.
- Tomato: 1no. (Medium size)
- Water: 4 cup
- Salt: 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder: ¼ teaspoon
- Black rock salt (Kala namak): 2 pinch
- Cumin: 1 teaspoon
- Ajwain: ½ teaspoon
- Black pepper powder: ½ teaspoon
- Butter: 2 tablespoon (as per taste)
- Lemon: ½ no. (Optional)
- Peel off and slice onion, Tomato, green chilli and ginger. Keep aside.
- Take a wok and put butter, ajwain and cumin, sputter for few seconds, add ginger and green chilli, stir fry for a minute, add onion continue to fry on medium flame till onion gets translucent.
- Add chopped tomato; continue to fry for a minute, add salt and turmeric powder stir fry and add boiled and mashed jack fruits, stir fry for couple of minutes.
- Add water; bring it to boil, continue to cook for 5-7 minutes on low flame. Put off the flame when desired consistency of soup achieved.
- Add fresh ground black pepper and serve the piping hot ‘Raw Jack Fruit Soup (kathal soup)’.