- Servings: 3-4
- Stuffing frying time: 12 minutes.
- Preparation time(Roll): 2 minutes(each).
- Frying time: 3 minutes.
- Total time: 60 minutes.
The rice paper roll/wrap is ideal for starter or afternoon tea, when you feel slightly hungry; you may deep fry, grill or serve directly as you like.
You might have had this type of rolls as starters in the restaurants, but this is something different. Here I used exotic vegetables and Japanese rice; the recipe will surly satisfy you, your family and friends.
- Rice paper: 6-8 no. (Available in departmental store)
- Cooked Japanese rice: 1 cup
- Mushroom (chopped): 2 tablespoon
- Paneer (cottage cheese): 50 gm
- Carrot (chopped): 2 tablespoon
- Peas fresh/frozen: 2 tablespoon
- Onion (chopped): 1 tablespoon
- Spring onion (chopped): 2-3 tablespoon
- Corn fresh/frozen: 2 table spoon
- Broccoli (chopped): 2 tablespoon
- Ginger (chopped): 1 teaspoon
- Tomato (chopped): 1 no. (Medium)
- Olive oil/Cooking oil: 2 tablespoon
- Salt: 1 teaspoon (as per taste)
- Turmeric power: ½ teaspoon
- Chilli powder: ½ teaspoon
- Coriander powder: ½ teaspoon
- Garam masala powder: ½ teaspoon
- Cumin: ¼ teaspoon
- Olive oil/ cooking oil: 2 tablespoon
- Olive oil/ cooking oil: for deep frying
- Take fry pan, put oil to heat add cumin; let it sputter for few seconds add ginger and carrot stir-fry for a minute on high flame. Add mushroom and broccoli, stir-fry for one minutes on high flame.
- Add onion and spring onion, continue to stir-fry for one minutes on high flame, add peas and corn, and stir-fry for couple of minutes on high flame.
- Add tomato, salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder and chilli powder continue to fry for about couple of minutes; add paneer and cooked rice, cook for a minute, Put off the flame.
- The stuffing is ready after adding Garam masala powder, keep aside.
- Keep ready a bowl filled with water, slide one rice paper into the filled water bowl for about 30 seconds: take out and place and spread on the chopping board/plate. Put two tablespoon of stuffing on it and fold it from lower side of the rice paper carefully as shown in the photo then fold from both left and right side as shown in the photo and further fold it as shown in photo.
- Now the roll is ready to deep fry, grill or serve directly, keep aside.
- Take wok/fry pan heat oil in it, let oil to smoke. Put prepared roll into the oil and deep fry on medium high flame or until golden colour(about 2-3 minutes). Yummy ‘Rice paper rolls with mix vegetable’ is ready.
- You may grill the prepared roll or may serve just as it is.
- Serve with dip or ketchup.
- You may use your choice of vegetables.
- You may prepare in advance, wrap the roll in cooking sheet and keep it in refrigerator.