- Roasting time: 10-12 minutes.
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Mixing time: 2-3 minutes.
- Total time: 20 minutes.
Some five decades ago tomato 🍅 was seasonal winter crop to small towns or villages; mom used to include it everyday in season due to its nutritional value She cooked some 3-4 recipe as “Sweet Tomato Chutney” to “Tomato soup”; which I have already uploaded.
Most of my cooking are reflected my childhood memories; “Tamatar ka Bharta” is one of those; which I am going to upload today, it is easy to cook and can be served as Salad or Dip…
Now I often prepare this recipe as it is no more a seasonal vegetable.
‘Tamatar ka bharta’ is basically roasted on fire and prepared with raw onion, green chilli and ginger a perfect side dish with any meal.
- Tomato: 250 gm
- Onion: 1no. (Medium size)
- Garlic: 3-4 flake
- Ginger: 1 inch piece
- Green chilli: 2-3 no.
- Coriander leaves: 50 gm
- Salt: 1teaspoon (as per taste)
- Mustard oil/olive oil: 1teaspoon (optional)
- Chop the onion, garlic, ginger, green chilly and coriander leaves into small pieces.
- Roast the tomatoes over open flame or in a preheated oven until the skin starts peeling off.
- Cool them.
- Peel off tomatoes skin, and put them in a mixing bowl.
- Mash the tomatoes pulp completely with the help of masher/hand.
- Add chopped onion, ginger, garlic, chilli, coriander leaf, salt and oil.
- Mix well.”Tomato kachumar” is ready to serve.
Serve hot or cold.