- Servings: 4-5
- Soaking time: 1-2 hours.
- Boiling potatoes time: 10-12 minutes.
- Preparation time: 8-10 minutes.
- Frying time: 3-4 minutes(each batch).
- Total time: 26 minutes.
This ‘Aaloo (Potato) Sabudana (Sago/ Tapioca pearl) Cutlet’, good in taste made with sago and potato and mild spices. To be served piping hot with green chutney followed by masala tea.
Boiled and mashed potatoes are mixed with spices, coating with semolina (sooji) and fried. The crispy outside and soft inside. Simply delicious…
- Aaloo/Potato: 250 gm.
- Sabudana (Sago/Tapioca Pearl): 50 gm.
- Sooji/ Bread crumbs: ¼ cup
- Maida (all purpose flour): 2 tablespoon
- Dry mango powder/ Chat Masala: 1 teaspoon
- Coriander leaves: half cup (cut in small pieces)
- Garlic shoots (optional): 1teaspoon (Chopped small pieces)
- Green chilli: 2-3(Chopped small pieces)
- Red chilli powder: ½ teaspoon
- Salt: 1 teaspoon (as per taste)
- Kasuri Methi Powder: 1tablespoon
- Coriander Leaves: 2 tablespoon
- Cooking oil: for deep frying
- Soak sabudana with levelled water about 1 hours (if small pearl) if pearl is big soak about 2-3 hours/ over- night. Sabudana pearl is done or not, to check this press the pearl with fingertip, if it is mashed, it means it is ready, keep aside.
- Fine-chop green chilli and coriander leaves, keep aside.
- Boil potatoes, peel and grate (mash). Take a big mixing bowl, put potato, salt, green chilli, coriander leaves, dry mango powder, chilli powder, kasuri methi powder and soaked sabudana, mix them well.
- Now take one handful mix; by using your palm give flat round shape (Tikka/ Tikki shape), repeat it for all the mixture.
- Prepare a batter with Maida along with ¼ cup of water, keep aside.
- Dip the prepared cutlet pieces into all-purpose flour batter and roll it into Sooji or bread crumb. Deep fry them on medium to high flame, till it becomes golden brown in colour; place it on paper napkin so that, excess oil is drained.
- Now, “Aaloo Sabudana Cutlet” is ready to serve. Serve with “Green Chutney” or “Tomato Ketchup”.