- Servings: 3-4
- Making dough time: 6-7 minutes.
- Cooking time: 1 minutes(each).
- Total time: 8 minutes.
Seamless amalgamation of wheat flour and avocado pulp is the winner of my heart; our family enjoyed and indulged into it, simple delicious recipe was prepared in no time… Due to nutritional value of avocado I prepared this recipe which is the variation of traditional chapatti.
In most Indian homes Roti, chapatti/ phulka (Indian bread) is a staple food and soft fluffy chapatti is everyone’s delicacy. I hope you too will appreciate and enjoy the recipe…
It is good to eat Avocado everyday, it is most heart healthy food. Food reachers have found that it protect our heart.
- Avocado: 1 no.
- Aata (wheat flour): 1 cup
- Salt: 2 pinch (optional)
- Water: 3 tablespoon
- Aata: 3-4 tablespoon (for dusting and rolling the chapatti)
- Ghee: for smearing
For making dough:
- Cut the avocado into two halves: discard the seed, scoop out the pulp with help of spoon, put the pulp into blending jar, and blend it till fine paste, you may add 2-3 tablespoon of water, if required, Keep aside.
- Take a wide vessel; pour Atta and salt; add prepared avocado paste knead to soft dough (The dough can be made in food processor also). Cover and Keep aside, to be used after 10-20 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 8 parts; make lemon size balls; dust the ball with Aata and roll the chapatti with equal pressure all around, roll 5-6”diameter, use small quantity of wheat flour to dust while rolling.
- Put this rolled chapatti into the hot tawa; cook for few seconds on high flame till it changes the colour, Turn the other side this side to be cooked slightly more than 1st side. Now hold the chapatti with tong and put directly on fire, first side on flame, the chapatti will start to puff up. Take it off the flame before it starts burning. The chapatti is ready.
- You can puff chapatti on tawa instead of flame, and press it lightly with kitchen towel it will puff up.
- Smear some ghee all over on the chapatti “Avocado Chapatti (Phulka/Indian Bread)” is ready to serve hot or warm.
- It is important to cook chapatti on high flame, it will be soft.