- Servings: 4-5
- Roasting time: 8-10 minutes.
- Preparation time: 5 minutes.
- Frying time: 15-16 minutes.
- Cooking time: 15 minutes.
- Total time: 46 minutes.
Are you going to cook Eggplant mashed; do try this variation in your day-to-day cooking, it is wonderful in taste. Your family and friends happiness will multiply to see the stunning yellow colour of sweet corn with egg plant.
- Brinjal/Baigan: 250- 300 gm 1 no.
- Sweet corn (fresh or frozen): 100 gm.
- Tomato/ Tinned chopped tomato: 1 cup
- Onion: 1 no. (Medium size)
- Green chilli: 2-3 no. (As per your taste)
- Ginger: 1” piece
- Garlic: 2-3 flakes
- Kasuri methy: 1 tablespoon
- Coriander powder: 1 teaspoon
- Chilli flakes: 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder: half teaspoon
- Garam masala powder: ¼ teaspoon
- Mustard oil: 2 tablespoon
- Coriander leaf: 2 tablespoon (chopped)
- Salt: half teaspoon
- Apply few drops of oil all over the Brinjal; cut the Brinjal into two halves and see the healthiness by judging colour, Roast Brinjal direct on the gas burner on medium flame; keep turning after 1- 2 minutes on the flame, so that it is evenly cooked, roast till it become completely cooked and soft. Keep aside, and let it cool. (Here I used Japanese griller to roast)
- Remove skin (outer layer) and stem from roasted Brinjal; mash properly with the help of masher, Keep aside.
- Chop onion, tomato, green chilli, garlic and ginger into small pieces.
- Take fry pan, put oil and heat, when it smokes add chopped garlic and ginger; Stir it for few seconds add chopped onion, stir fry till onion get translucent, add green chilli and corn cook for couple of minutes (keep it stirring otherwise it may burn).
- Add tomato; fry till liquid dries up add salt, chilli flakes, kasuri methy and turmeric powder, stir fry for couple of minutes, add mashed Brinjal and fry. (About 3-5 minutes).
- Add Garam masala powder; stir well and put off the flame, add green coriander leaf and mix well.
- Now, ‘Baigan ka Bharta with Sweet Corn (Eggplant mashed with Corn)’ is ready.
- Serve as a side dish in combination with steamed rice and dal or hot chapatti and dal.
- Brinjal must be smooth and having shiny surface, so that it has less seeds or tender seeds.