- Servings: 2-3
- Preparation time: 5 minutes.
- Frying time: 10-12 minutes.
- Total time: 17 minutes.
Brussels Sprouts is not easily available in India but we may find it in luxury mall or big Markets in Mumbai or Delhi; this super veggie are easily available in United States and Europe. Data shows that British eat more Brussels Sprouts than any other country in Europe.
There are many ways to prepare and serve; for best health benefits it is to be cooked by steaming. For me Brussels Sprouts taste is very amazing if it is stir fry in butter or olive oil. Very very simple and easy to cook.
In addition to red chilli and lime seasoning, black pepper powder and pink salt makes it truly lip smacking. I served the recipe with roasted peanuts that added more nutty flavour to the recipe. I also served the recipe on roasted papad as a starter( see photo). You may serve as side dish with Paratha or any meal.
As we know it is super food, improves immune system as it contains lots of vitamins, iron, calcium and many. It also maintains eye health and reduces the risk of cataracts. It helps to improve skin texture making skin healthy. The veggies detoxifies body too.
- Brussels sprouts: 300 gm.
- Pink Salt: 1 teaspoon(as per taste).
- Black Pepper Powder: 1/2 teaspoon.
- Red chilli and lime seasoning: 1/4 teaspoon.
- Oil: 1 tablespoon.
- Butter: 20 gm.
- Roasted peanut: 2-3 tablespoon.
- Papad: 4-5 no.
- Rinse Brussels sprouts; dry with kitchen towel, remove the yellow leaves and bottom of hard stem for each sprouts. Chop into half in length wise, keep aside.
- Heat oil and butter in a fry pan, add Brussels sprouts; stir fry on medium flame for 3-4 minutes or 50% done, add pink salt.
- Continue to cook for another 4-5 minutes or until 90% done; add black pepper powder, red chilli and lime seasoning, continue to fry for couple of minutes.
- Add roasted peanut, put off the flame “ Butter Drenched Brussels Sprouts” is ready to serve.
- Serve on roasted papad or with “Chapatti”, “Different types of Chapati“, “Lachchha Paratha“, “Dost Paratha” “Pumpkin Paratha” “Kalongi Ajwain Paratha“.