- Servings: 1
- Preparation time: 8 minutes.
- Boiling time: 18 minutes
- Frying time: 8 minutes.
- Cooking time: 5 minutes.
- Total time: 39 minutes.
Here is the way to cook Italian style of chicken in Indian kitchen, “Chicken in white sauce” thick smooth white sauce made with butter, refined flour and milk, add cheese; it will not make it rich only but also more flavorful. If you want low fat recipe, skip cheese.
Include exotic vegetables it will be marvelous in taste. You take a bite and you will crave for another soon and you will go for much more…
- Chicken (Boneless): 200 gm.
- Clove: 2 no.
- Cinnamon: 2” piece
- Green cardamom: 1 no.
- Black cardamom: 1 no.
- Butter/olive oil: 30 gm
- Maida (all purpose flour): 1 tablespoon
- Milk: 400 ml.
- Red bell pepper: 1 no.
- Beans (frozen/ fresh): 40 gm.
- Peas (frozen/fresh): 40 gm.
- Corn (frozen/fresh): 40 gm.
- Cheese: 20-30 gm. (optional)
- Salt: 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper powder: ½ teaspoon
- Onion: 1 no.
- Ginger: 1” piece
- Garlic stem/ garlic: 1 no.
- Spring onion (chopped): 2 tablespoon
- Chop onion into fine pieces, keep aside.
- Chop beans, ginger, red bell pepper, spring onion and garlic stem longitudinally (about 2” pieces), keep aside.
- Boil beans, pea and corn, keep aside (here I used frozen vegetable).
- Boil the chicken along with green cardamom, cinnamon, black cardamom and clove for 10-12 minutes until 90% done (you can microwave too), keep aside.
- Take a fry pan; put butter, add Maida stir fry for couple of minutes on lower flame add onion and continue to fry on medium flame for couple of minutes, add beans and garlic stem continue to fry for a minute, add bell pepper, pea and corn stir fry for couple of minute.
- Add salt and milk, let it boil (stirring continuously); cook on medium flame for couple of minutes or until sauce thickens; add boiled chicken, and black pepper. Add cheese stir until cheese gets melted, add spring onion, put off the flame.
- “Chicken in White Sauce” is ready to be served…