- Servings: 2
- Preparation time: 4 minutes.
- Frying time: 6 minutes.
- Cooking time: 4 minutes.
- Total time: 14 minutes.
My family sometimes get fed-up with same “potatoes and beans” and we need change. I chose to prepare a delicious recipe which can be made within few minutes; “French beans with yogurt”. A dish strongly flavoured with asafoetida. We enjoyed a lot with Phulka and cucumber raita.
The flavour you get is awesome, when a pinch of asafoetida sprinkled into the hot ghee or oil for tempering.
Asafoetida goes very well with Indian cuisine. It has numerous benefits to health; it has medicinal value as digestive property, and one of the favorite spices…
In Indian custom during many occasions we don’t use onion and garlic for our dishes; we use asafoetida as alternate.
- Fresh/frozen beans: 250 gm
- Cumin: ½ teaspoon
- Asafoetida: ½ teaspoon
- Chilli powder: 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder: ½ teaspoon
- Coriander powder: 1 teaspoon
- Mustard Oil/any cooking oil: 2 tablespoon
- Salt: 1 teaspoon (as per taste)
- Curd( yogurt): 2 tablespoon
- Coriander leaves: 2 tablespoon (chopped)
- Microwave beans for 2-3 minutes on high, keep aside.
- Beat curd, keep aside.
- Heat oil in wok/fry pan, add cumin seed; sputter for few seconds, lower the flame, add asafoetida, coriander powder, chilli powder, salt and turmeric powder, stir fry for few seconds, add beans.
- Stir fry on medium flame for couple of minutes; add curd and continue to stir it until it begins to boil (to avoid cuddling of curd).
- Cook on low flame for couple of minutes with lid on, put off the flame; “Beans with Yogurt and Asafoetida” is ready, transfer into serving bowl, if in hurry you need not to garnish, taste is awesome itself.
- Serve with Lachcha paratha, Roti, Rice…