- Servings: 2-3
- Preparation time: 10 minutes.
- Making dough time: 4-5 minutes.
- Rolling poori time: 4-5 minutes.
- Frying time: 10 minutes.
- Total time: 30 minutes.
Indian cuisines are full of tradition, flavour and spices. Try and enjoy these tasty, yummy and lip smacking ‘Aloe-Vera poori’, which is made with aloe-gel and spices like black pepper and ajwain (carom seed)
It is really delicious, wonderful and flavourful, and above all it is nutritious too. As the world knows that Aloe-gel contains beta-carotene, vitamin C, vitamin E. Nowadays aloe gel is easily available in the stores.
- Aatta (wheat flour): 150 gm
- Aloe Vera leaf: 1 no.
- Ajwain: ¼ teaspoon
- Salt: ¼ teaspoon
- Black pepper powder: ½ teaspoon
- Ghee (clarified butter): 1 tablespoon
- Cooking oil: for deep frying
- Method to separate Aloe Vera pulp:
- Cut Aloe Vera leaf into 4-5 inch long pieces; Leave it for 5- 10 minutes, the bitter yellow liquid will come out.
- Discard thin layer from both end having yellow liquid, cut longitudinally into 2-3 pieces. See as photos given here.
- Peel off skin the aloe Vera as photo.
- Put Aloe Vera pulp in mixer grinder; grind it on minimum speed to make the juice. Take a bowl, keep soup strainer over it, pour ground pulp, and sieve.
For making dough:
- Take a wide vessel; pour Aatta, ghee, black pepper powder, Ajwain and salt, mix well, add prepared aloe Vera juice and knead, make a soft dough. (The dough can be made in food processor also).
- Cover and Keep aside, to be used after 10-20 minutes.
- Divide dough into 10-12 parts and make balls, roll the ball in 3-4 inch diameter circle.
- Heat oil in a fry pan on maximum flame (to check if oil is ready or not, put a little piece of dough in the oil it should come up slowly, if it does not comes up, means oil is not hot enough, wait for a while and check it again.
- Deep fry the poori on high flame. After they start to puff slowly turn over. Fry till it becomes golden brown.
- Now, mouth watering Aloe Vera poori is ready to eat with “Aaloo (potato) sabji” or any sabji along with “Raw Papaya Raita”