- Servings: 3-4
- Preparation time: 10 minutes.
- Mixing time:1 minutes.
- Total time: 11 minutes.
I jumped in joy when my husband brought Singhara (Fresh Water Chestnuts) from the vegetable market (where farmers brings their stuff to sell from near by village farms). I ate raw and finished almost half of them as they were super fresh, just peeled them off and ate, it was amazing, firm and slightly crunchy in texture with mild sweet flavour, very good to consume as salad…
Since ancient days it has been known for low in calorie and contains no fat, help to reduce stress, lowers blood pressure and improves your mood.
In India especially north eastern part, boiled Singhara (Fresh Water Chestnuts) are common street food in month of November and December. Whenever you have opportunity to travel you will see
Vendors are selling in every nook and corner in the season.
Enjoy this simple and quick salad everyday in the season. It is nice, crunchy and bursting with flavours…
you can add sprouts or other seasonal vegetables on your choice with this amazing singhara…
- Kachche Singhara (Fresh Water Chestnuts) : 200gm.
- Pomegranate arils: 3-4 tablespoon
- Carrot: 1 no.(Medium)
- Tomato: 1 no.
- Olive oil: 1 tablespoon
- Green chilli: optional
- Salt:1/4 teaspoon
- Lemon: half
- Peel off and chop Kachcha Singhara (Fresh Water Chestnuts), keep aside.
- Peel off and Chop cucumber, carrot into dices, keep aside.
- Chop tomato, keep aside.
- Chop green chilli into small pieces, keep aside.
- Take big mixing bowl; add all chopped ingredient, lemon juice, salt and olive oil; mix well.
- Transfer into serving tray, decorate with pomegranate arils.
- Crunchy “Kachche Singhara (Fresh Water Chestnuts) ka Salad” is ready.
- The taste of this salad is awesome. Go ahead, enjoy the salad.
- Prepare salad just before serving,
Kachche Singhara (Fresh Water Chestnuts) ka Salad by Nag Ratna Sahu is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.