- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation time: 3-4 minutes.
- Blending time: 2 minutes.
- serving time: 2 minutes.
- Total time: 8 minutes.
I am not going to recreating childhood memory here, but in fact reliving a collective past when I saw Palm Fruit/ Ice Apple (Nungu/Taar Gola) at the postoffice corner street stall in Navi Mumbai (New Bombay). It is always tempting me since I was child. I feel fantastic when water from the fruit oozes out in mouth. I love the fruit more than Mango and used to gulp more than half dozen at a time.
Amazing fruit…pretty soft and juicy…100% Indian…one of the most exotic fruit; but unfortunately the trees are not much taken care of, now facing neglegence…
I have so much love for the fruit (Tadgole) in my heart that I do not stop to buy and prepare many recipes…although best way is to consume fresh as it is…
One of them is “Ice Apple (Nungu/Taar Gola) Milk Shake” a nutritious and refreshing drink to beat scorching heat of summer; topped with sliced pistachio and saffron, which is better than fancy coil drink.
Quench your and your kids and family thirst this summer with natural coolant…I am sure your kids will love…
- Palm Fruit/ Ice Apple (Nungu/Taar Gola): 3-4 no.(preferably tender and juicy one).
- Sugar/honey: 1-2 tablespoon (as per your taste)
- Milk: 400-450 ml
- Chopped Pistachio and almond: 1 tablespoon.
- Green cardamom Powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- saffron: 1 pinch
- Ice cubes: optional
- Peel the outer covering reveal the juicy fruit inside, chop the Ice Apple, Keep aside.
- Take a grinding jar; put chopped Ice Apple along with 100 ml. of milk, and sugar, blend it on medium speed till it become smooth, add remaining milk and ice cubes and blend them on high speed.
- Add cardamom powder and saffron; continue to blend for few seconds “Palm Fruit/ Ice Apple (Nungu/Taar Gola) Milk Shake” is ready, While serving in tumbler decorate with sliced Almond and Pistachio over it.