- Preparation time: 10 minutes.
- Cooking time: 10-15 minutes.
- Total time: 25 minutes.
This sweet pickle is mostly used in the fasting days in Indian tradition; enriched with the goodness of green cardamom and saffron. It is so tasty that you would like to serve it always, let it be the breakfast or meal. Children will lick it, eat it or relish this in their Tiffin or meal…
- Raw mango: 200-250 gm.
- Sugar: equal quantity of mango (as per taste)
- White rock salt: 5 gm
- Cardamom: 5-6 no.
- Saffron: 1 pinch
- Peel off and chop raw mango into small slices, discarding seed (stone).
- Peel off cardamom, coarsely grinds them. Keep aside.
- Take a fry pan put raw mango pieces along with sugar and salt mix properly with spatula (don’t use your hands) bring it to boil on low flame, cook and allow boiling on high flame until desired consistency is achieved. Add cardamom powder and saffron, cook for a minute and put off the flame. Allow it to cool.
- ‘Raw mango sweet pickle with saffron and green cardamom (phalahari aam ka chhunda)’ is ready to use.
- Store this in a glass container for months.
Raw mango sweet pickle with saffron and green cardamom (phalahari aam ka chhunda) by Nag Ratna Sahu is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.