- Servings: 2-3
- Preparation time: 5 minutes.
- Rolling time: 1 minute(each).
- Frying time: 3-4 minutes(each batch).
- Total time: 10 minutes.
Here Navratri is coming to near end, tomorrow is very auspicious day, the day of worship “Siddhidatri” form of nav Durga and the occasion of “Kanya Poojan”. After fasting of Navratri devotees offer the feast to nine girls, who symbolize the Nav Durga.
On this occasion, enjoy the Navmi Prasadam, ‘Plain Poori’ from ‘Phalahari Thali day 9‘.
Hot crispy Poori! It is really delicious, wonderful and flavourful, and above all it is nutritious too.
- Aatta (wheat flour): 1 cup
- Ajwain: ¼ teaspoon
- Salt: ¼ teaspoon
- Maida (refined flour): ¼ cup
- Ghee/oil: for deep fry
For making dough:
- Take a wide vessel; pour Aatta, Maida, Ajwain salt, and one table spoon oil (as moin), knead them to make soft dough(The dough can be made in food processor also). Cover and Keep aside, to be used after 10-20 minutes.
- Divide dough into 12-15 parts and make balls.
- Roll the ball in 3-4 inch diameter circle.
- Heat oil in a fry pan on maximum flame (to check if oil is ready or not, put a little piece of dough in the oil it should come up slowly.
- Deep fry the poori on high flame.
- After they start to puff slowly turn over.
- Fry till it becomes golden brown.
- Now, mouth watering poori is ready to eat with Aamras/ aaloo (potato) govi (cauliflower) sabji along with raita.