- Servings: 2-3
- Preparation time: 5 minutes.
- Cooking time: 12 minutes.
- Total time: 17 minutes.
Zucchini season is in full swing and for me it is one of the most fascinating vegetable, I just grab it when I see on the rack of vegetable shop.
“Zucchini with Corn” a healthy side dish, simple yet full of flavor, liked by everyone so simple to prepare.
Zucchini is packed with potassium, iron, calcium, vitamin C and K.
- Zucchini: 300 gm.
- Fresh/Frozen Corn: 150 gm.
- Onion: 1 no.
- Mustard oil/Cooking oil: 30 gm
- Salt: 1 ½ teaspoon
- Turmeric powder: ½ teaspoon
- Coriander powder: 1 teaspoon
- Chili powder: ½ teaspoon
- Cumin: ½ teaspoon
- Dry mango powder: ½ teaspoon
- Lemon: ½ no.
- Garam masala: ½ teaspoon
- Spring onion: for garnishing
- Red bell pepper: for garnishing
- Chop the onion into small pieces, keep side.
- Discard both ends of zucchini and chop into small cubes, as in photos, keep aside.
- Take a wok/fry pan, put oil, when oil starts to smoke add cumin; sputter for few seconds, add onion and fry on high flame for couple of minutes or till onion get translucent, add chopped zucchini and corn, stir and cook on medium flame with lid on for about 3-4 minutes or until half done, add Turmeric powder, Coriander powder, Chili powder, Dry mango powder and salt, continue to cook on low flame for couple of minutes or till done, add Garam masala powder. Put off the flame.
- Garnish with red bell pepper and spring onion. Serve hot or warm with rice or chapatti.