- Servings: 4
- Preparation time: 6 minutes.
- Frying time: 6 minutes.
- Total time: 12 minutes.
Amid the crises of covid-19 pandemic; we have reason to enjoy and look after our balcony plants and chit-chat with them. It is also a healthier way to stay at home.
Healthy delicious pumpkin takes time to grow in pot, however in Tokyo summer it grows fast and we enjoyed fresh from our balcony produce; this year I have already uploaded so many recipes of balcony pot produce like “Potato Dry”, “Pumpkin leaf Roll Curry”, “Pumpkin Leaf Fritters” and today crispy, piping hot “Pumpkin Flower Fritters”. These are the perfect tea time snacks in afternoon for us…
Pumpkin flower fritters is one of the popular fritters from Bihar.
- Pumpkin flower: 8-10 no.
- Garlic paste: ½ teaspoon
- Salt: ½ teaspoon
- Turmeric powder: ¼ teaspoon
- Chili powder: ½ teaspoon
- Kalongi (Nigella seed): ¼ teaspoon
- Besan (gram flour): 1 cup
- Sooji/Rava (Semolina): 1 tablespoon
- Sesame seed: 1 ½ tablespoon
- Meetha soda (soda bi carb): 1 pinch (optional)
- Water: ½ cup
- Mustard oil/ Cooking oil: for deep frying
- Wash and dry pumpkin flower on kitchen towel, take a bowl and put all ingredients except flowers; make a smooth batter with the help of water.
- Take fry pan, heat oil in it, let oil to smoke. Pour a drop of batter into the oil, If batter comes up slowly, it means right temperature of oil otherwise wait for a while and test again.
- After getting right temperature of oil, dip one flower in the prepared batter of Besan, fold into 2 layer as shown in photo, put as many Pakoda as can be accommodated depending upon quantity of oil. When they start to come up slowly turn over(about 3-4 minutes). Deep fry till it becomes golden brown on both sides. Remove the Pakoda from oil. Deep fry all flowers (Pakoda).
- Serve hot with evening tea. It can be served with any meal. It goes well with steamed rice and dal.