- Servings: 2-3
- Preparation time: 10 minutes.
- Frying time: 10 minutes.
- Cooking time: 15 minutes.
- Total time: 35 minutes.
What comes in your thought when we don’t have green vegetables in our refrigerator; Potato! Yes, it is a staple food in many country and ‘potato curry’ is the recipe that prepared in different styles in every states of India.
Sometimes potato is used as boiled or raw; today’s potatoes curry is influences by authentic Maharashtrian cuisine, boiled potato is used for this recipe. I recommend must try this simple and easy recipe which can be prepared virtually in no time.
- Potato: 250 gm
- Onion: 2 no. (Medium size)
- Garlic shoot: 1 no. (Optional)
- Green chilli: 2-3 no. (Without seeds)
- Garlic cloves: 2-3 no.
- Ginger: two inch piece
- Ghee/ cooking oil: 4-5 tablespoon
- Cumin: ½ teaspoon
- Mustard seed: ½ teaspoon
- Turmeric powder: ½ teaspoon
- Coriander powder: 1 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder: ½ teaspoon
- Salt: 1 teaspoon
- Curry leaf: 1 twig
- Coriander leaves: 1 tablespoon
- Curd (yogurt): half cup
- Sugar: 1 teaspoon (optional)
- Fresh coconut: 2 tablespoon
- Boil/ microwave the potatoes; peel and chop potatoes into small pieces, keep aside.
- Mash 2-3 pieces of potato, keep aside.
- Chop onion and garlic shoot roughly and longitudinally, keep aside.
- Slit green chilli and remove seeds, keep aside.
- Grind garlic and ginger into fine paste, keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottom pan; add cumin and mustard seed, sputter it for few seconds, add onion and stir fry for 4-5 minutes or till onion gets translucent.
- Add ginger and garlic paste; stir fry for couple of minutes, add green chilli, curry leaves and coriander leaves, stir fry for a minute.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder and coriander powder along with half quantity of curd, stir fry on lower flame till liquid dries up (3-4 minutes).
- Add chopped potatoes, fresh coconut and mashed potato, stir fry for couple of minutes, add one cup of water (as per your desired consistency of curry), boil for couple of minutes.
- Add remaining curd (don’t beat the curd, droplets of curd is the significance of the recipe) and sugar, put off the flame, and decorate with green coriander leaf.
- Serve hot or cold with Plane poori, Palak poori or Rice.