- Servings: 4
- Preparation time: 10 minutes.
- Frying time: 16 minutes.
- Cooking time: 15 minutes.
- Total time: 36 minutes.
Potatoes recipes are widely popular and consumed all over the world, everyone have their own way to cook; as boiled, baked, steamed, grilled, fried, microwave and many more…Potatoes are known for its versatile character and used to blend with other vegetables or as staple food in many places.
Study shows that potatoes are highly alkaline in nature, hence it is one of the beneficial foods for those who are suffering from acidity, and it neutralizes the acid in stomach. It is packed with healthy minerals.
Every Indian state has its own unique version of cooking potatoes recipe and popular among the people of their comfort food, but today post is from Indian state of Gujarat…
With rich taste of Aaloo enriches your life…
- Potato (Aaloo): 400 gm
- Yogurt/Curd: 50 gm
- Green chilli: 2-3 no.
- Red chilli: 2 no.
- Turmeric powder: ¼ teaspoon
- Chilli powder: ½ teaspoon
- Coriander powder: 1 teaspoon
- Onion: 1 no. (Medium)
- Peanut (roasted): 1 tablespoon
- Sesame seed: 1 tablespoon
- Poppy seed (Khus-Khus): 1 tablespoon
- Green chilli: 3-4 no.
- Cumin: ½ teaspoon
- Mustard: ¼ teaspoon
- Salt: 1 tablespoon
- Garam masala powder: ½ teaspoon
- Sesame oil: 4-5 tablespoon
- Jaggery: 10 gm. (optional)
- Coriander leaves: 2-3 tablespoon (chopped)
- Grind poppy seed, sesame seed and peanut and make fine paste. (First dry grind all then add water in small quantity and make paste). Keep aside.
- Peel off potatoes and cut into 4 pieces, keep aside in water filled bowl (otherwise it will turn black).
- Slice onion longitudinally and slit the green chilies, keep aside.
- Blend yogurt, keep aside.
- Heat oil in fry pan/ wok; add cumin and mustard seed, sputter for few second, add sliced onion, stir fry on high flame for about 3-4 minutes or until golden in colour.
- Add prepared paste, continue to fry on medium flame for couple of minutes; add all powder masala except Garam masala, and continue to fry for couple of minutes, add yogurt and potatoes.
- Continue to stir fry for 3-4 minutes; add 1 cup of water, cover the pan. Let it boil and switch to lower flame, cook for about 10-12 minutes or until done, add jaggery and put off the flame.
- Add Garam masala powder and coriander leaves. Transfer into serving bowl decorates with coriander leaves and green chilli.
- “Gujarati Potato Curry (Gujarati Aaloo)” is ready to be served along with small Poori or cumin rice.
- The taste of curd and jaggery gives a wonderful smoky flavour or you may skip to add jaggery.