- Servings: 6-7
- Preparation time: 20 minutes.
- Deep frying time: 10 minutes.
- Cooking time: 20 minutes.
- Total time: 50 minutes.
It was mild cold but lovely morning in Mumbai, my heart was filled with joy as one of my dearest family friend was coming at lunch. I was planning to prepare some unique dish to their honour and after going through lot of thought process finally decided to prepare “Hyderabadi tempered Capsicum (Mughlai Cuisine)”.
It was awesome in taste; they admired a lot and requested to me to Share this delicious recipe which was first time for me. I was really very happy that in first attempt itself, it was so delicious.
Must try the recipe…
- Capsicum: 400 gm (15-16, small size)
- Ground nut(Peanut): 1 cup
- Coconut powder or fresh coconut: one forth cup
- Sesame seed (white): one forth cup
- Cumin: 1 teaspoon
- Cumin powder: 1 tablespoon
- Curry leaves: 2 twig (12-15 leaves)
- Chilli powder: 2 teaspoon
- Salt: 2 teaspoon, as per your taste
- Turmeric powder: half teaspoon
- Ginger: 2” pieces (crushed)
- Tamarind pulp: 2 table spoon
- Mustard oil/cooking oil: 3 serving spoon
- Wash the capsicum, carefully cut them into length wise so that it remains joined with stalk.
- Roast ground nut lightly on low flame and keep aside; let it cool and remove the upper layer or skin.
- Roast coconut, keep aside.
- Roast sesame seed, keep aside.
- Grind the ground nut, coconut, sesame seed and cumin powder with the help of water and make fine paste, put in a big bowl. Add curry leaves, green chilli, coriander leaves, turmeric and chilli powder; mix all ingredients well. Now wet masala is ready.
- Take a nonstick fry pan; fry the capsicum on high flame for 4-5 minutes take out, keep aside.
- Take another pan and Pour 2- 3 serving spoon mustard oil/cooking oil, when oil becomes hot and smoke starts to come, add cumin, allow to sputter for few seconds.
- Add crushed ginger, stir fry for a minute; add wet masala and fry for 8-10 minutes on low flame (stir continuously) , add tamarind pulp, continue to fry for couple of minutes or fry until oil separate from the masala.
- Add salt and half cup of water (as per gravy requirement); continue to cook for couple of minutes add fried capsicum. Let it boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Enjoy hot “Hyderabadi tempered Capsicum ( Baghare Mughlai Cuisine)” is ready to be served with “Steamed Rice“/ “Chapatti” or “Poori“, “Aloe vera Poori“.